Weight Alternator for Mobile Electric Power
in electronics have brought about increased demand for small
electric generators to power equipment for computing and communication
at remote locations. InterScience, Inc. has developed a line
of advanced light weight generators for use as auxiliary power
units. These units have been coupled to small diesel engines
to form a complete, diesel driven generator set with a power
density approaching 100 W/kg. Compare with military standard
units currently in use that have a power density in the range
of 15 W/kg. Our 3 kW unit weighs just 100 lb. and is man-portable.
- Modular alternator design scaleable from 500 W to
10's of kW with power density of ~1 kW/kg.
- Diesel engine driven to achieve 100 W/lb. for engine/alternator
set for turn key operation.
- Dual function as motor/alternator.
- Power conditioning to deliver DC and single and
multi - phase AC outputs.
- Flexible current and voltage outputs.
- Permanent magnet technology, axial gap design.